Popular Posts

Monday, March 28, 2011

The Linguist

As all of you moms and dads know, a two year old is not the best, most fluid speaker in the world. They are struggling everyday to get words out and communicate...learning how to sound things out and the jibberish eventually becomes clear and understandable...well, that's where we are at with my son....He says a lot and being his mom, I can pretty much understand what he's trying to say...I get his 'speak'....My daughter, however, doesn't always get it....for instance....when he says daddy, sounds like 'day-ee'....when he says Delaney, sounds like 'day-ee'....very similar....pretty much the same....well, Delaney got really mad one morning and came running over to me, pointing at my little linguist, complaining, "MOM! He keeps calling me daddy!!!" LOL She was so mad!

No comments:

Post a Comment