Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Seasons

So I peeled a Tangerine for Donovan this morning....he thought it was an orange...but I said, "its an orange's cousin, but this one has seeds, so make sure you spit them out, don't eat them"....Well, he took one bite, spit it all out and said, "I don't like seasons" I smiled and said, "no Bugga, its seeds, seasons are very different. We have four seasons, winter, spring, summer and fall. Its winter now. Its cold and snowy and we have Christmas and sledriding and snowmen. Then comes spring. The weather gets warmer, the leaves come back on the trees, and flowers bloom and we have Easter and you and Delaney's birthdays, then is summer! My favorite season. Its hot and fun and we can swim and ride bikes and play and have picnics! Then comes fall and kids go back to school and the leaves turn brown and fall off trees and it gets colder and we go to Cooks Forest and celebrate Halloween and Thanksgiving! and then comes winter again" He listens very well, very intently. So he's looking at me and then he says, "Can we ride bikes?" lol

No comments:

Post a Comment