Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Night Life...

There's nothing like a good peaceful sleep....nice dreams, interesting stuff in a far off land and I'm always thinner in my dreams...I like to dream....I DON'T like to get woken up from my dreams, but unfortunately, with three kids, more often than not, I get woken up....such was the case last night...Sometime after 2a.m., my daughter, the late night partier that she is, and I say that in all seriousness, came into our bedroom, walked to my side of the bed and said, in such a sincere tone, "Mom, can you put this ponytail in my hair?" WTH? I said "NO! Get your butt in your room, what are doing?" And then, from the corner of my eye, I see very bright lights, her room a glow, a loud blaring princess movie pouring from her door.....so I chase her into her room, turned off the overhead lights, of course the table lamp is on, can't have just one light on, turned the TV off and the VCR and stared at her, aghast that she's looking at me with contempt...."MOM! I was watching that!" Part of me wanted to laugh, a bigger part wanted to scream and that's the part that seemed to win out....so I did....I ranted for about 30 seconds about how she better put Barbie down, get in bed and I better not see or hear her the rest of the night.....She listened....but when she woke up this morning at 9:30a and crawled down the steps and said, "I'm so tired, I need to lay on the couch. Can you rub my back so I can sleep?" I really did have to laugh....and then of course post this....That child has quite the nightlife....God help us when she's older!

No comments:

Post a Comment